Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Reflections of the Past

When I first started getting into fashion, it was simply as a rebellion to the uniforms I had to wear  in 8th grade. As the stereotypical rebelious uniform, I became gothic. I have since mostly moved away from all the black and the t-shirts and the skinny jeans, but every once in a while I find myself reverting back to those somewhat over the top, dark outfits. Today was such a day. I read this article in Nylon back in March about wearing BRIGHT eyeliner and then a black and white outfit. I gave it a try simply to discover that I am no makeup artist and I should stick to my black cat-eye and red lipstick!
Shirt: Forever21, Tie (really a ribbon belt saftey pinned about a quarter down): Forever21, Skirt: Homemade, Tights: Target, Shoes: Converse
Just as a sidenote, I'm getting my hair cut really short (I want it to look like Rosemary's in Rosemary's Baby) today, so this is my last picture with chin length hair (I'd say long hair but it's not). For once in my life, I'm actually quite pleased with my haircut, but alas! I must cut it off for France since I can't bring my hot curlers or hairdryer!

No comments:

Post a Comment