Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

What Decade is it Exactly?

I absolutely love to mix clothes from different decades! For example, in this one, the skirt is a flapper dress folded in half, the earings are from the 80s, the hat is from the 60s, and the shirt and tights are very modern. I really admire people who dress legitimately, straight up vintage, but I just think it is such fun to mix the best of it all up into something that's most likely never really been done before!
Hat: Vintage via Golden Fur Vintage, Earings: Vintage, Shirt: Forever21, Belt: Forever21, Skirt (really dress): Spirit, Tights: Target, Shoes: ?
I just realized that the second and fourth picture are staring down the third. Ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. I love your sense of style and you always look like you are having fun, which cheers me up! I think there is a lot of confusion on decades, which is actually fun, rather than everybody wearing the same things. And I think maybe what made the 80's fun was that they took things from the 50's like pretty hair bows, ankle socks and flats and mixed it with miniskirts from the 60's and 70's. I look forward to seeing a lot more of your fun outfits and I hope your blog is successful and fun for you!

    ReplyDelete